Every page of your scrapbook has a backdrop made of scrapbooking paper. It can add up quickly if you start making a lot of scrapbooks. Many individuals hunt for free scrapbooking paper to print from their computers in order to save money. We’ll show you where to get free scrapbooking paper to print down below. We’ll also go over some crucial points to keep in mind when it comes selecting scrapbooking paper.
Why Do You Need Special Scrapbooking Paper?
You might be tempted to use plain construction paper for your scrapbooks – or colourful printer paper – at first. Scrapbooking paper is more expensive than any of them, yet it doesn’t appear to be any more unique!
Scrapbooking paper is unique in that it is designed to preserve your images and mementos in the best possible way. Scrapbooking paper is free of acid and lignin. So, what does this imply for you?
- Acid-free: Acid-free scrapbooking paper has a neutral pH. The pH level should be between 6 and 7, at most. Scrapbooking paper is manufactured from wood pulp, which includes natural acids. These are neutralised in the manufacturing process by using a material like calcium to treat the paper. Additionally, the paper might be buffered to prevent the formation of additional acids.
Scrapbooks are meant to endure a long time, hence acid-free scrapbooking paper is utilised. Regular paper will yellow and decay, while acid-free paper will not. Furthermore, acid-free scrapbooking paper will not harm or discolour your photographs.
- Lignin-free: Another component present in wood pulp is lignin. Acidity is exacerbated by lignin. It raises the acidity level. Scrapbooking paper that is acid-free but not lignin-free will not last as long as scrapbooking paper that is acid-free but not lignin-free. Although lignin may be eliminated during the pulping process, it raises the price of scrapbooking paper.
It’s possible that you have a newspaper that has become brown with age. The lignin, which causes acid to develop inside the paper strands, is responsible for the brownness. Lignin-free scrapbooking paper is less prone to turn brown.
Printing Issues with Free Scrapbooking Paper
Free scrapbooking paper to print on your own machine may have disadvantages that make you think twice.
- Unless you buy specific scrapbooking paper for your printer, the scrapbooking paper you print will not be acid-free or lignin-free. Of sure, such document is available. All you have to do is double-check before making a purchase.
Regular multiuse and copy paper, colour copy paper, inkjet paper, laser paper, and business stationery are all acid-free options available at online office supply companies.
- You’ll probably have to settle for a lower size if you wish to print free scrapbooking paper. Scrapbooking paper is frequently 12″ × 12″ in size, and only a few printers can handle it. Even if you print on 8.5″ x 11″ paper, the margins on your printer may prohibit you from printing the next most practical size, 8″ x 8″.
- Homemade scrapbooking paper is unlikely to have as many designs and colours as commercial scrapbooking paper. Look for digital scrapbooking paper, then improve it in a graphics application like Adobe PhotoShop before printing it.
Where Can I Print Free Scrapbooking Paper?
Scrapbooking paper may be acquired online for free, with no strings attached. Other websites may need you to complete a survey or subscribe to a newsletter before receiving free scrapbooking paper.
Start a Google search by entering “free scrapbooking paper to print” without the quotation marks. Several websites should appear at the top of Google’s results. Usually, you’ll find what you’re looking for in the first 10 or 20 websites.
When you’re done with those sites, type “free digital sheets” or “free digital scrapbooking” without the quotation marks. Additional websites with free scrapbooking paper to print should be added to your list.
Visit scrapbooking websites for even more options. To entice clients to their business, several provide a variety of freebies.
Finally, browse for free scrapbooking paper to print on your computer programme. Patterned stationery templates are frequently included in software packages and make excellent scrapbooking material. Create your own scrapbooking paper by repeating a design in Adobe Photoshop or any comparable tool.